Monday 11 September 2017

How To Setup Facebook For Success

I was contacted the other night by one of my team members. They are just getting started and they wanted to get setup the right way. Instead of me trying to do it all for them, I created a video. Now I did this because it’s not that I didn’t want to help them or that I couldn’t. It’s because I want them to learn to build their business. I am here to help and support but I am not here to build their business for them.

The conversation was based around Facebook Profile and Facebook Page. If you run your Business on your Profile Facebook can and will shut you down. Infact this is what Facebook says :

It’s against the Facebook Terms to use your personal account to represent something other than yourself (example: your business), and you could permanently lose access to your account if you don’t convert it to a Page.

If you’re using your profile to represent a business, there are many benefits to converting your profile to a Page:
Pages are designed for businesses and organizations, with features that help you connect with customers and reach your goals
You’ll have access to Page insights, where you can see metrics like which posts people engage with and visitor demographics like age and location.

Page roles can let you give other people access to edit your Page

You can create ads and boost posts

YOU and everyone else who signed up to Facebook and USE Facebook agreed to this. It is in the TOS. Don’t use your Personal Page to run your Business.

First let me explain to you what they are.

Facebook Profile

When you signup to Facebook you create a Profile. Your Facebook Profile is for you, it’s for People NOT Business. When people want to connect with you it’s YOU they want to connect with NOT your Business. Let me show you MY Facebook Profile.

Notice that it is about ME, it’s about where i live, it’s about my Car, it’s about my Family, it’s about my sharing me with you. People connect with People so if they can find a connection they will do. The Intro section is all about where I grew up, where I live, where I went to school and who I am married to and if I have any kids etc.

Notice that my posts are not JOIN ME. I share other peoples post on my timeline, I like and comment as well. I also share related content to what I am interested in. World News and all that sort of stuff.

When you click on the links around a Personal Profile you get to build a picture of the person you are connected with.

Facebook Page

What I love about Facebook is that once you create your Profile you can setup as many pages as you want. Your Business Page is where you promote your business. People on your Profile don’t want to be bombarded with your offers, if they are you will over time lose them.

A Facebook Page is a special place on Facebook that represents a company or organization. A Facebook page allows businesses to promote specials and contests to followers who have engaged with their page by “liking” it. Having a Page also allows businesses to use Facebook advertisements.

Facebook pages, unlike the Facebook profiles, allow businesses to quickly build a following without any limitations. Profiles force you to send a friend request before you can make connection, also your limited to 5000 Friends.  Pages also only require a “like” to start that relationship with a fan, prospect or client.

Let me share the Video that I created.

Feel free to connect with me on Facebook.

The post How To Setup Facebook For Success appeared first on James Reilly.



from James Reilly http://ift.tt/2jj90Dh

No comments:

Post a Comment