Sunday 12 February 2017

I still think it is a pyramid scheme…(Pyramid Scheme Cartoon by Pat Petrini)

I still think it is a pyramid scheme...(Pyramid Scheme Cartoon by Pat Petrini)

>>Pawz: I have decided that my job sucks, the economy sucks, and the only way things
are going to get better is if I do something about it.
>>Skeptic: What are you going to do? >>Pawz: I’m going to build a network marketing
business. >>Skeptic: What is network marketing?
>>Pawz: A network marketing company allows you to build your own business, by creating
a group of distributors and customers, that consume the product sold by the company.
>>Skeptic: That sounds like one of those ‘pyramid things’.
>>Pawz: What do you mean by ‘pyramid things’? >>Skeptic: One of those things where the only
people that make lots of money are the people at the top.
>>Pawz: You mean like the company you work for?
[Pause] >>Skeptic: But don’t you have to get in
early to make any money? >>Pawz: Actually, in a good network marketing
company, you can make more money than the people above you if you are more productive.
>>Skeptic: Are you sure it isn’t a pyramid scheme?
>>Pawz: Yes >>Skeptic: How are you so sure?
>>Pawz: A pyramid scheme is where you make all of your money by recruiting others and
there is no product or service being exchanged. >>Skeptic: It still sounds like a pyramid
scheme. >>Pawz: In a legitimate network marketing
company you make most or all of your money from people using the products.
>>Skeptic: It still sounds like a pyramid scheme.
[Pause] >>Pawz: In what way?
>>Skeptic: Because when you draw it out, it looks like a pyramid.
>>Pawz: How is that relevant? [Pause-Skeptic shrugs]
>>Skeptic: It just seems like a pyramid scheme. >>Pawz: If you were to draw out the organization
chart of the company you work for; what shape would it be?
>>Skeptic: A pyramid. >>Pawz: If you were to draw out the organization
chart of the church you go to; what shape would it be?
>>Skeptic: A pyramid. >>Pawz: If you were to draw out the organization
chart of the girl scouts; what shape would it be?
>>Skeptic: A pyramid. >>Pawz: Are you understanding my point?
>>Skeptic: Yes. I had no idea there were so many pyramid schemes out there.
[Pawz is baffled] >>Skeptic: Do you really think you can make
money with your pyramid scheme? >>Pawz: According to the US Department of
Labor and the Direct Selling Association, with the same time and effort I’m five times
more likely to earn over one hundred thousand dollars in network marketing than at my life
sucking job. >>Skeptic: Yes. I hate my job too. That is
why I play the lotto every day after work. 16-22-84 baby.
[Pause] >>Pawz: Maybe you should start your own business
also instead of completely leaving your future to chance.
[Skeptic looks stunned] >>Skeptic: But I have heard people say negative
things about network marketing. >>Pawz: Like who?
>>Skeptic: Like my Brother-in-law. >>Pawz: Is he wealthy?
>>Skeptic: No. >>Pawz: Does he own his own business?
>>Skeptic: No. >>Pawz: Would you consider him a credible
expert on the subject? >>Skeptic: No.
>>Pawz: Would you consider him a credible expert on any subject?
>>Skeptic: Not really. [Pause-the two stare at one another-Pawz shakes
head in disbelief] >>Skeptic: But why do some people say that
network marketing doesn’t work? >>Pawz: For the same reason that some people
think that our government’s social security program is sustainable; total ignorance.
>>Skeptic: Are there any credible experts that support network marketing?
>>Pawz: Have you heard of Robert Kiyosaki; the author of one of the top selling financial
books of all time? >>Skeptic: No
>>Pawz: He is a big supporter of network marketing. He calls it, ‘The Perfect Business’.
>>Have you heard of Donald Trump? >>Skeptic: Yes. He has funny hair.
>>Pawz: He is also a big supporter of network marketing.
>>Have you heard of Warren Buffet; the most successful investor of all time?
>>Skeptic: No >>Pawz: He is also a supporter of network
marketing. >>Skeptic: And you think these people are
more credible experts than my Brother-in-law? [Pause]
>>Pawz: Yes. [Pause]
>>Skeptic: I still think it sounds like a pyramid scheme.
[Pawz is baffled] >>Pawz: Are you kidding me? Have you been
listening to anything that I have said? >>Skeptic: Yes, but I still think it is a
pyramid scheme. >>Pawz: Can you please explain your argument?
>>Skeptic: I just think it is a pyramid scheme. [Pause]
>>Pawz: I think I am going to leave now. >>Skeptic: Wait, aren't you going to try to
recruit me? >>Pawz: No.
>>Skeptic: Why not? >>Pawz: I thought you said it was a pyramid
scheme? >>Skeptic: I did, but I think I want to join
now. >>Pawz: I would rather shove thumb tacks into
my eyes and walk into traffic than have an incompetent moron like you on my team.
[Skeptic stares in complete shock] >>Skeptic: Oh.
[Pause] >>Skeptic: OK. Talk to you later then.
>>Pawz: Not likely.

James Reilly first posted I still think it is a pyramid scheme…(Pyramid Scheme Cartoon by Pat Petrini) on Valentus SlimRoast.



from Valentus SlimRoast http://ift.tt/2lDM661

No comments:

Post a Comment